Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Getting to the end

It is amazing how life can throw so much at you that it feels like arrows whizzing by your head. I find that I can handle a lot of things at one time, but you just never know when you're going to crash and burn or someone else that is part of all the frustration. You never want it to go to the next level, but somehow it gets out of your control and before you know it, it's as bad as you were afraid of.
I started out my life wanting so much more for myself than I had ever gotten as a child. It has driven me to always go forward, not back. I think it's important to change the cycle if the cycle is unacceptable. That one thing has done me well, and I think if always will. My dilemma is in seeing it start in my own child. Trying with every ounce of wisdom that you can to keep them from making that big mistake. The desperateness you feel is immeasurable. It's overpowering.
You feel like you are drowning, without water. Your heart aches unbelievable, and tears just appear when you don't realize it. All you want it a hug or a reassuring word that things will change and you will see the child before you that ran around in his Daddy's boots and hat as a little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment