Thursday, January 8, 2009

Not ready yet..


Well, the day has finally come, where my little boy is stepping into adult hood. Nevermind that he is already 6' 1", and his voice has changed. Today I wrote the dreaded check for driver's ed. I was hesitant of course, but I am ready to see if he takes a different approach to life after this. He seems to live in the theory that things will fall into his lap without any of his own effort. Little does he know, this is a test. A test of his own desire to become a more responsible young adult. Don't get me wrong, he is a good kid, not much trouble, minds pretty well. He's been riding motorcycles since he was 3. He has a good since of driving, and I think he understands what can go wrong if he doesn't respect the vehicle, and watch for other drivers. Now, we wait...I'm sure there will be much more to come on this topic.

1 comment: